Congratulations! You have gotten to the stage of your Deseret Industries associate experience where you are ready to actively look for a job. This is a big step in your career, and it is so exciting! Deseret Industries is here with you every step of the way as you make this move in your career.
The Active Job Search groups below are exclusively for DI associates and are tailored to help you get your next job. The online group experience will focus on improving your job search and sharpening your job search skills. Here you’ll connect with others participating in a job search, and you’ll explore job opportunities that are interesting and exciting to you.
Orientation to Job Search for DI Associates
This 1-hour meeting will introduce you to the Active Job Search program. Attending this meeting is the first step to participating in an Active Job Search group. Click the link below to join the web conference at the indicated time. Meetings occur the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at the indicated times, except on major U.S. holidays.
2:00 p.m. (Mountain time) Non-Utah DI Active Job Search group orientation: Join the meeting
2:00 p.m. (Mountain time) Utah DI Active Job Search group orientation: Join the meeting
Online Active Job Search Groups for Deseret Industries Associates
This 60- to 90-minute meeting will be facilitated online by a job developer. Click the links below to join the web conference at the indicated time, depending on the location of your Deseret Industries store. Meetings occur Tuesday through Friday at the indicated times, except on major U.S. holidays.
8:30 a.m. (Mountain time) Non-Utah DI Active Job Search group: Join the meeting
9 a.m. (Mountain time) Utah DI Active Job Search group: Join the meeting
Tips for Online Meetings
Consider the following tips as you connect for an online meeting:
- You will need to use a cell phone or a computer that have a camera and microphone. Test your camera and microphone before you join to minimize technical issues.
- Typically, everyone participating can see each other, so sit in a spot where there are few distractions.
- You will need to use a microphone to speak, so make sure you’re in a quiet place. Consider using headphones that have an attached microphone.
- Make sure you have enough light so other participants can see your face.
- In your job search you want to be punctual to meetings, so be sure to join the meeting on time.